Saturday, September 19, 2015

Tips & Tricks | Don't Lose your Scissor, Make a Scissor Necklace


What I learned from my previous boss is to wear a pair of scissors around your neck on a pretty ribbon while you're sewing. It makes a small pair of scissors accessible all the time, and you don't have to search for them under fabric or on the floor. It's great for cutting thread ends off, cutting out a small piece of interfacing/fabric, trimming and grading, and anything else you use scissors for. If I get up to use another machine or do something else, I still have scissors right at my fingertips. It's great! I've done it for almost three years now and can't sew without them. I look like an idiot when I don't have them on and I'm grabbing at my chest to find them. Seriously, I walk around my apartment all day with my scissors on! It's pretty embarrassing when I answer the door, or I go somewhere with them on. Maybe I should just start the trend of wearing scissors as jewelry. 

(Just so you know, it's hard to take pictures left-handed while trying to hold or cut with scissors.)

No comments:

Post a Comment