Thursday, October 15, 2015

DIY Tutorial | A Pillow for Remote Controls

Like many other Americans, by living room has been taken over by remote controls. Some I know how to use, and others I do not. It happens once per night that my husband asks, “Linds, have you seen the _____ remote?” It’s not long ’til I’m bending over, digging in between couch cushions or looking under the shaggy rug for one of the remotes.
Enter, the remote control pillow.
Remote Control Pillow
It prefers to live indoors rather than outside.
100_5962
This was a design I hoped would curtail the nightly hunt for remote controls. Each one lives in its own diagonal pocket. The pillow can be flipped around and used as a headrest. You don’t even feel the remotes (or “clickers” as we called them growing up).
100_5911
I installed a zipper in the bottom and used Sew Mama Sew’s piping tutorial for the black cord edging. The fabrics I used are a canary linen lookalike and a houndstooth home dec print.
For the lettering, I used freezer paper stencils and fabric paint.
100_5917
Apply the paint in a thin layer, and let dry.
100_5922
Peel off paper, and trim fabric words. Adhere to pillow front using Steam a Seam 2 and an iron.
100_5928
Cut ribbon strips and iron on to top and bottom of words, using Steam a Seam 2.
100_5947

No comments:

Post a Comment