Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sewing Tips | Stack ‘n Store Bobbin Tower

A special thank you to Heather for asking me to share the features of one of my favorite sewing tools! Choosing one is difficult. Much like asking which of your kids you like best. But since the task at hand was to choose just one, I looked around my work and home sewing studios, plus checked out my sewing set for Sewing With Nancy at the TV station and found that I have at least three Stack ‘n Store Bobbin Towers. (You only need one, sometime I’m slightly obsessive.)



The Stack ‘n Store Bobbin Tower has six bobbin wheels on a stand. See thread colors at a glance.

 

Each wheel holds five bobbins. The Stack ‘n Store Bobbin Tower organizes up to 30 bobbins.

 

Wrap loose thread ends around bobbin. Slide bobbin into wheel section. Stack wheels on bobbin tower stand.
 

Bobbin Thread Showcase

Bobbin thread generally takes a back stage role. Since this blog features bobbin thread, I’d like to show you how to bring the bobbin thread to the forefront I call the technique, Undercover Stitching!

I wound a few bobbins with 12 wt. decorative thread and stored the extra ones in my Stack ‘n Store Bobbin Tower. Then, added undercover decorative stitching to the fabric of my Tablet Keeper, a cover for my iPad.


credit: thesewingloftblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment